If you have been reading this blog, you may have realized that I will occasionally miss something. I guess that makes it a little more real. Well, I have been searching for the single simple "How To" for drilling these Clonedel parts. It does not seem to exist.
What I have come across are:
What to drill? -- This states what size bit to use for each type of hole in each named part. However, it doesn't say which part is which or which hole in a part is which.
Which part to drill? -- This is the RepRap page for assembling the Prusa. It includes images of each piece with descriptions of what parts attach to it. Using this with the What to drill page should give us a good drill plan.
There is also an outstanding set of Visual Build Instructions that can help you visualize what goes where.
Since the community is in need of a document to help with this, I am going to create one. Unless YOU know where one already exists.
It seems that posting comments here doesn't work with Firefox 4...
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, yes , there isn't much in the way of documentation yet. I've drilled out my Clonedel parts and have most of it assembled, and have found a few bugs along the way that have been fixed in the latest batches of parts.
I'm going to try to add my experiences to the wiki page you've linked to, and if that doesn't work then I'll talk to Matt about getting more information on there.
-Neil
I am not a huge fan of blogger. It was just the easiest to set up when I was creating this page. I will be at some point in the not too distant future moving to another blog tool.
ReplyDeleteI am about to add my "how to drill" document.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Turns out it's my company's new setting for FF4 and refusing third-party cookies...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I've added quite a bit of information and pictures to the wiki page. Some of it is likely to change once I get mine up and running, but all of it is based on my experience so far.
Good luck!
-Neil