The gantry towers are made of plexi and some users say that they can add a little flex to the design. There are some posts and images on the bluumax yahoo group that address this. The prime alternative is still the McWire instructable.
I have decided that I want to get into CNC and build a couple of CNC devices. I am a little behind the curve in regards to this technology. This blog will follow my trials and tribulations. Follow along and learn from my mistakes.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Thinking about the Bluumax Gantry Router
I have been looking at videos and posts about the Bluumax gantry router (kit) from http://www.bluumaxcnc.com. For $415 you get an almost ready to run kit. You only have to supply a few pieces that are heavy or that you could source more inexpensively in your local market or online. Basically, you have to provide some MDF, lead screws and a 24V power supply.
Labels:
Bluumax,
bluumaxCNC,
CNC,
CNC Router,
McWire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment