Saturday, March 26, 2011

Progress on both builds.

I ended up ordering the Gantry system from Bluumax CNC. It should get here on Thursday. The power supply for it should get here on Wednesday. I will have to go out on Wednesday and pick up the MDF for it.

I also ordered all of the "vitamins" for the Clonedel Prusa. They could get here as early as Monday, but probably later. In order to get ready to build this next weekend I will have to spend this weekend getting the parts cleaned and drilled. Figuring out the where and what size to drill seems difficult. I found a page today but it only says what size for each named part. however, I don't know what the part names are. I found another page with images and part names. I will put those two together to make a more usable diagram.

When I thought that I was building the McWire, I ordered 4 Nema 23 stepper motors. Those arrived today. I am sure I will find a use for them. Right now, they just look cool.

To Do:
  • Research and create a more complete drill plan for the Clonedel Prusa parts.
  • Do the actual cleaning and drilling of these parts.
  • Purchase the few parts that are not included in the Bluumax Gantry CNC kit.
  • Make space in the shop for these two new machines.
  • Research dust management. MDF is REALLY dust and dirty.
  • Build a dust management solution.
  • Yard work (not CNC related but really needs to be done as my yard collected many leaves over the winter and they are probably killing my grass)

Please, if you have any questions or comment please include them below. This blog will be much stronger with input.

No comments:

Post a Comment