Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Update

I have been really busy at work.  While I have had some time to work in the shop, I haven't had time to blog.
I purchased the Bluumaxcnc.com gantry router setup.  It was pretty easy to build.  I had a couple little issues, but in retrospect, I think I was sleep deprived.  It is fully assembled now.  I working on setting up a PC for it.  I hope to have it built and be making some sawdust this weekend.

On the Prusa front, I still haven't gotten the couplers that weren't in my kit from Metrix hackerspace.  I need to follow up with another email.  I have cut all the smooth rod for it.  I will cut the threaded rod this weekend, as I think I will have access to a cut-off saw.  Cutting all this rod with either a Dremel or hacksaw makes for a great deal of work.  With the Dremel, you cannot get a straight cut due to the diameter of the handle.  I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if you had some sort of 90 degree attachment that made the attack angle of the blade more like that of a angle grinder.  I still owe you an updated "How to drill the Prusa parts" document.  The one that I wrote recommends using a clamp and Metrix and others do not recommend that as hand holding the parts will allow the drill bit to migrate into the divot. I just worry that my angles will be off.  I need to decide how I am going to re-write it.

Hopefully I will have more time to write this weekend.  I should get a video up of my first cut too.

No comments:

Post a Comment