I got the basic frame built on my Conedel Prusa last night. I picked up a 6 inch cutoff saw from harbor freight and it made the cutting of smooth and threaded rod much easier. I found that some of the pieces that I clamped when drilling aren't quite as perfect as I had hoped. This is yet another reason to re-do the drilling guide. The z-axis motor mounts ended up getting their holes drilled a little too far apart which made mounting them difficult. They seem to fit OK for now, but they may need to be the first pieces that I print and replace.
Today I am going to finish building the Prusa and then work on getting a computer setup for the BluumaxCNC. I have a stack of computers and none of them are in any shape to drive the thing right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment